Click HERE to REGISTER for the 6th Annual Joe Chaves Memorial 5K Walk-a-thon
- DATE: Sunday, September 24, 2017
- TIME: 12pm registration opens| 1pm start-time
- START LINE Location: Naveo Credit Union in Cambridge (DIRECTIONS)
- FINISH LINE Location: Saint Anthony’s Church in Cambridge (DIRECTIONS)
- Suggested Donation: $20/participant (online registration) or $25/participant (“day of” registration)
> Direct donations may be made by check before or on day of event
On Sunday, September 24, 2017, supporters of the Joe & Dorothy Chaves Foundation will be walking a 5K Walk-a-thon to remember José Chaves and to support scholarships and community programs for the Portuguese-American community of Greater Boston.
Whether you like to walk or run, please join us along the route described below. FINISH Line festivities will take place at Saint Anthony’s Church where refreshments will be served.
If you have any questions you can email us at info@ChavesFoundation.org or call Philip Chaves at (617) 901-8765 or Mark Chaves at (781) 710-5847.
Participants will begin their walk at Inman Square with an official send-off starting from Naveo Credit Union (START LINE). Walkers will then make their way, on the sidewalk, down Cambridge Street through East Cambridge then across the Gilmore Bridge to Bunker Hill Community College (this is turn-around point), then back to Saint Anthony’s Church hall for refreshments (FINISH LINE).