- This event has passed.
Bendada Music Festival: A Celebration of Music & Cultural Entrepreneurship
January 24 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
The Bendada Music Festival presents an exclusive screening of the short film “The Bendada Music Festival: Bringing Life to Rural Portugal,” which documents how music, education, and entrepreneurship can be used to revitalize a community. Every summer, the festival brings advanced student musicians from all over the world to a small village in Portugal where music has played a central role for centuries.
Following the film, there will be a presentation on the fourth annual Bendada Music Festival coming in the summer of 2019, as well as a discussion about arts and entrepreneurship moderated by Wendy Swart Grossman, lecturer of Cultural Entrepreneurship (MET – Arts Administration Program). The discussion will feature:
- Inês Andrade (CFA’18) and Edoardo Carpenedo (CFA’19), founders of the Bendada Music Festival
- Harvey Young, Dean of the College of Fine Arts
- Ian Mashiter, Managing Director of the BUild Lab
- Doug DeNatale, Interim Director of the Arts Administration Program
- João Fins do Lago, Consul-General of Portugal in Boston
- Jason Kimball and Devin Hahn, Boston University video producers
A reception will follow with Portuguese hors d’oeuvres provided by Portugalia Restaurant in Cambridge.