2018 International Portuguese Music Awards
April 21 @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm$39
The International Portuguese Music Awards (IPMA) is an annual awards show recognizing outstanding achievement in the music industry by artists of Portuguese ancestry. The award show also features performances by prominent artists and is televised online and on various media outlets. Awards are handed out in multiple categories and the two New Talent finalists perform live.
The 2018 IPMA Show will feature the following performers:
- From the United States, David DeMelo: a well-known Luso-American singer with four albums to his credit and performances spanning Portuguese communities in several countries
- From Angola, Adi Cudz: a Kizomba singer, songwriter, and producer who has shared the stage with singers such as Ludacris , Kelly Rowland, and Ciara.
- From Portugal, Tiago Ribeiro: a semi-finalist of Portugal’s 2011 edition of Got Talent
- From the United States, Manhattan Camerata: a chamber ensemble started in 2009 and known for blending together world and classical music elements
- From France, Lisandro Cuxi: a singer of Cape Verdean origin who in 2017 won Season 6 of France’s edition of The Voice
- From Portugal, Miguel Angelo: a singer, songwriter, and television host who spent 25 years as lead singer of the legendary pop-rock band Delfins that in 90’s released one of the best selling Portuguese albums of all time
The recipients of the 2018 IPMA Lifetime Achievement Award, from Portugal, will be Xutos e Pontapés, widely considered the country’s top rock band with a career spanning almost 40 years. Their songs have become some of the biggest anthems in Portuguese rock history.
For more information, please visit http://ipmaawards.com and http://www.facebook.com/InternationalPortugueseMusicAwards. The official social media hashtag for this event is #2018IPMA